Lynn Dining has planned lots of exciting activities for February:
• Feb. 2, Tator Tot Day: Tots are front and center at the home cooking station with creative innovations of this simple, yet high demand, food item.
• Feb. 4, Super Bowl Sunday: Go Eagles or Patriots!. No matter what team you’re rooting for, watch on the big screen and celebrate a victory in Elmore Dining Commons with a delicious football-themed game-day menu.
• Feb. 6, Celebrate Mardi Gras with a colorful and magical event honoring the flavors and splendor the day.
• Feb. 9, National Pizza Day: Gourmet pizzas including dessert, will be featured as the specialty item of the day on the trattoria station with a custom assortment of delicious pies.
• Feb. 14, Valentine's Day: Feel the love with romantic recipes and a luxurious menu put together by Chef Bibb and Chef Juan for lunch and dinner in the dining commons as well as decadent desserts baked by Pastry Chef Julian.
• Feb. 15, Celebration of Nations Festival: Known as one of the most colorful days on campus, the Celebration of Nations Festival will highlight the campus' diverse and international population with various outdoor festivities to include multiple food stations of international cuisine and cultural music on the Perper Plaza lawn, 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. The dining commons will close at 10 a.m. and reopen after the event.
• Feb. 16, Chinese New Year: Enjoy an Asian-inspired menu to celebrate Lunar New Year, also known as Chinese New Year or Spring Festival, based on the lunisolar Chinese calendar.
• And mark your calendars for National Pancake Day, Feb. 21; mac and cheese bar, Feb. 22; and an ice cream sandwich station, Feb. 23.
• All month long, Black History Month: Celebrate the achievements and recognize the central role of African Americans in U.S. history with specialty soul food items hosted daily in the dining commons to honor the culture.