The range of services provided by Campus Safety include:
• Providing emergency response;
• Providing 24 hour gate coverage and golf cart, bicycle and walking patrols of campus;
• Providing walking escorts;
• Operating an internal campus tram service;
• Ensuring that university policies as well as legal statutes are observed;
• Providing educational programming through collaboration with various university constituents;
• Protecting our university community, buildings and equipment;
• Coordinating staffing during special events; and
• Implementing and coordinating campus parking
Additionally, Campus Safety is responsible for the creation and implementation of campus emergency and crisis management policies and programs. We are also involved in training and programming with local police and fire rescue through a community partnership, and we invest significant resources in a variety of activities and initiatives designed to increase security on our campus.
Campus Safety shares the responsibility of a secure environment with you, but we need your help. Together, we can make our campus a safe and secure place in which to live, learn, work, and play.