1. Obtain an I-20
- The International Student Services office will send you a form I-20 once you are admitted to an academic program and have submitted all of the required documents.
2. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee
- You must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee online at www.fmjfee.com. Use the SEVIS ID number at the top left side of your I-20.
3. Make a visa appointment (Canadian & Bermudian Citizens do not require an F-1 visa)
- Contact a U.S. embassy or consular office to schedule a visa appointment; visit the embassy’s website to learn how to schedule a visa appointment.
- It is best to apply early to make sure there is enough time for the visa to be processed.
4. Complete a visa application
5. Bring the following documents to your visa appointment
- A passport valid for at least 6 months
- Original form I-20
- Letter of admission from Lynn University (a copy is okay)
- Completed visa application (DS-160 or the printed confirmation page)
- Two 2” x 2” photographs
- The SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
- Financial documents that show you have sufficient funds to cover all expenses listed on your form I-20
- Any information that proves you will return to your home country after completing your studies (proof of property ownership, business ownership, future employment, strong family ties)