Make sure to complete the following as soon as possible:
A. Obtain a visa by completing the following steps:
1. Obtain an I-20
- The International Student Services office will send you a form I-20 once you are admitted to an academic program and have submitted all of the required documents.
2. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee
- You must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee online at www.fmjfee.com. Use the SEVIS ID number at the top left side of your I-20.
3. Make a visa appointment (Canadian & Bermudian Citizens do not require an F-1 visa)
- Contact a U.S. embassy or consular office to schedule a visa appointment; visit the embassy’s website to learn how to schedule a visa appointment.
- It is best to apply early to make sure there is enough time for the visa to be processed.
4. Complete a visa application
5. Bring the following documents to your visa appointment
- A passport valid for at least 6 months
- Original form I-20
- Letter of admission from Lynn University (a copy is okay)
- Completed visa application (DS-160 or the printed confirmation page)
- Two 2” x 2” photographs
- The SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
- Financial documents that show you have sufficient funds to cover all expenses listed on your form I-20
- Any information that proves you will return to your home country after completing your studies (proof of property ownership, business ownership, future employment, strong family ties)
B. Ensure all of your financial paperwork is completed:
C. Turn in all of the required enrollment forms:
D. Onboard your myLynn account
- mylynn.edu is the student portal for housing, course registration, the orientation schedule, financial aid documents, tuition payments, grades, your Lynn email and all other Lynn University information. Once you are officially a Lynn student, communication will be sent to your Lynn email address from various departments so it is important that you check your Lynn email regularly.
- You will receive an email after you make your enrollment deposit with step-by-step instructions.
E. Visit Apple's website and create an Apple ID
F. Complete the ISO 101 (F1 Immigration Orientation Canvas Course) pre-arrival orientation:
- Log in to MyLynn. Under “Quick Links”, click on “Canvas”
- Complete the ISO 101 course and take the quiz at the end. You need at least 90% or above to successfully complete course.
G. Attend Orientation/Welcome Weekend, which begins on Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020.
- This is mandatory for all new Lynn international students.
- On the first day you will:
- Complete the FNIS process
- Be given a schedule of events that will help you learn more about the Lynn University learning experience