1. Obtain an I-20
- The International Programs and Services office will send you a form I-20 once you are admitted to an academic program and have submitted all of the required documents.
2. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee
- You must pay the SEVIS I-901 fee online at www.fmjfee.com. Use the SEVIS ID number at the top left side of your I-20.
3. Make a visa appointment (Canadian & Bermudian Citizens do not require an F-1 visa)
- Contact a U.S. embassy or consular office to schedule a visa appointment; visit the embassy’s website to learn how to schedule a visa appointment.
- It is best to apply early to make sure there is enough time for the visa to be processed.
4. Complete a visa application
5. Bring the following documents to your visa appointment
- A passport valid for at least 6 months
- Printed form I-20
- Letter of admission from Lynn University (a copy is okay)
- Completed visa application (DS-160 or the printed confirmation page)
- Two 2” x 2” photographs
- The SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
- Financial documents that show you have sufficient funds to cover all expenses listed on your form I-20
- Any information that proves you will return to your home country after completing your studies (proof of property ownership, business ownership, future employment, strong family ties)
is the student portal for housing, course registration, the orientation schedule, financial aid documents, tuition payments, grades, your Lynn email and all other Lynn University information. Once you are officially a Lynn student, communication will be sent to your Lynn email address from various departments so it is important that you check your Lynn email regularly.
You will receive an email after you make your enrollment deposit with step-by-step instructions.
The Office of Housing and Residence Life (HRL) strives to create a home away from home where everyone belongs. They are dedicated to promoting a safe and positive learning environment in which healthy relationships are formed, individual differences are appreciated, and residents are encouraged to take an active role in their community and education. For more information on housing options, a list of what to bring, and other important information, be sure to check out the HRL Website.
All students must have a Lynn University Campus ID Card. Please d ownload the Cbord Get App
& upload a picture for your student ID.
Prior to USA arrival
After USA arrival
- Complete the ISO 101 Canvas Immigration Orientation for International Students and Document Verification. This course will explain the F1 visa immigration rules and regulations to maintain a good F1 visa status while studying in the U.S.
- To get step-by-step instructions click here.
All international students are required to take the health insurance policy from Lynn University. As a part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), all students at Lynn University are required to have health insurance. International students are not eligible to waive out of the health insurance program. (add link to the Summary of Benefits or the United Health Lynn site where they can print their own ID cards, etc.)
All student cars must be registered with the university. If you intend to park a car on campus, please complete the Vehicle Registration Form.
Student Financial Services
Starting in December 2023 visit the checklist tab to complete all of your required paperwork. Above is an additional breakdown per department.