- Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee once you receive your I-20. You can pay the fee online with a credit card at www.fmjfee.com. Be sure to print the receipt notice and keep it with you when you travel.
- Make an appointment at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate and apply for an F-1 visa.
- You must arrive in the U.S. no later than the program start date listed on the first page of your I-20.
- You may enter the U.S. up to 30-days prior to the program start date listed on the first page of your I-20.
- Keep all of your immigration documents with you and in a safe place while you are traveling. DO NOT place any immigration documents in your checked luggage!
- NOTE: If you have more than one U.S. visa, be sure to show the Officer at the Port of Entry for your F-1 visa.
- IMPORTANT: If the Officer at the U.S. Port of Entry gives you an I-515A form, please bring this form with all of your original documents to the International Student Services as soon as you arrive on campus. This is an urgent matter that needs to be addressed immediately.
At the Port of Entry
Be prepared to present the following documents at the U.S. Port of Entry:
- Current Passport
- U.S. F-1 visa
- Printed form I-20
- I-901 SEVIS fee receipt printout
- Copy of your Lynn University admission letter
- Passport, F-2 visa and original I-20 for your spouse or children (if applicable)
At the U.S. Port of Entry, a Customs and Border Protection Officer will review your documents and admit you to the United States. Be sure that you are admitted in the correct immigration status F1/DS (F2/DS for dependents if applicable).
To verify that you have been admitted in the correct immigration status, you can retrieve your electronic form I-94 (arrival record). Click here to go to the official I-94 website. Click on “Get Most Recent I-94” and enter your information as it appears on your passport. If you have issues retrieving your electronic I-94 or if the information is incorrect, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.