The Lynn Leadership Institute (LLI) at Lynn University fosters the development of leadership ideals in a select group of students who apply to the group upon their admittance to the University.
Once accepted into the program, you will accept a three-four year commitment of engaging in intentional leadership activities, dialogues and opportunities. Through your time in LLI, you will focus on individual, group and societal leadership to challenge and strengthen their own sense of self within a global society.
The program is rooted within the Social Change Model:
- Must have a minimum 2.5 GPA to apply.
- Must maintain a minimum of 2.0 GPA to remain in the program.
- Must be in good standing with conduct. Should a conduct case arise within their career at Lynn, students should take guidance of The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards.
- Must attend all required sessions and meet the attendance requirement.
- Students on athletic teams, must get permission from coach to enroll in program prior to being accepted.
- At the end of each semester, attendance and participation will be reviewed. Students will be notified if they have maintained their active status. If students do not meet the GPA or attendance requirements, they can be placed on probation at the discretion of the CSI staff member.
By being an active member of LLI, you will:
- Enhance non-academic skills such as communication, teamwork, active listening, values based thinking, etc.
- Enhance your personal leadership style.
- Define your values, morals, ethics, and beliefs.
- Facilitate leadership development programs for their peers.
- Foster the concept of leadership as service beyond self.
- Explore the Social Change Model as a foundation of leadership development.
If you have been selected to apply for LLI, you will be contacted by the Center for Student Involvement. All applications are due July 16, 2021.
Current students looking to gain entrance into the program should contact LLI@lynn.edu.