By Larry Rickard, Campus Safety Chief
As the new calendar year gets underway, know that the safety of our campus, students and employees remains of utmost importance. Please take note of the following information that will help ensure your safety and security:
- Immediately report any suspicious person or activity by calling Campus Safety at +1 561-237-7226.
- Do not allow anyone to follow you into your residence or hall.
- Be sure to lock doors and windows of your residence, and never prop open interior or exterior entryways.
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings. Take caution when walking alone in dark parking lots.
- Make use of campus and community resources, including:
Campus Safety: +1 561-237-7226
Counseling Center: +1 561-237-7237
Housing and Residence Life: +1 561-237-7236
Health Center: +1 561-237-7231
- Don’t accept rides from strangers. Call a cab or arrange for other safe transportation.
- When out for the evening, use the “buddy” system, don’t go to clubs or private parties by yourself, and look out for your friends.
- Don’t accept drinks from strangers. (Always order your own drinks, watch the server pour them and do not leave drinks unattended.)
Remember: we all play a role in safety! Help us make 2019 a happy and safe new year.