An integrative and holistic wellness model is used to promote and enhance the health and well-being of students through support and education on a variety of aspects of well-being. Through health education, prevention programs, support for students in crisis, and strategies to thrive, this department invites each student to consider how to maximize opportunities to support a well-balanced life.
A broad wellness model, which identifies eight dimensions of wellness, promotes a holistic approach to development of our campus and students.
- Physical - Caring for one’s body and protecting from injury and harm
- Emotional – Awareness, acceptance and coping of emotions, feelings and thoughts in a healthy and adaptive manner
- Spiritual – Exploring meaning and purpose; expanding beliefs, principles, and values to give direction to one’s life
- Intellectual – Engaging in stimulating mental activity, recognizing creative ability, and expanding knowledge and skills
- Social – Development of a sense of connection and belonging as well as a mature support system
- Environmental - Occupying environments that are pleasant, stimulating, and support well-being
- Financial – Satisfaction and competence with managing current and future financial situations
- Occupational – Satisfaction and enrichment through work, professional growth and preparation, and use of one’s gifts, skills, and talents
The Office of Student Wellness and Student Affairs departments, which focus on wellness, are here to lend support and help. We want our students’ time at Lynn to be healthy, happy, and memorable.
We provide support to promote wellness through:
- Prevention education and support including information on self-care and how to incorporate it into the daily routine
- Wellness partnerships in the local community
- Programs pertaining to a healthy and satisfying lifestyle and overall well-being of mind, body, and spirit
- Assistance to students through referrals to on- and off-campus resources and appropriate specialists
- Wellness related dialogue and ideation
- Support to survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault