Counseling Services at Lynn University is committed to providing a variety of mental health and substance abuse programs and services dealing with emotional, psychological, behavioral and social issues. The intention of all services is to promote positive mental health. Lynn’s Counseling Services is fully accredited by the International Association of Counseling Services, Inc.
• Counseling Services are free of charge to all registered students.
• Individual and group therapy sessions are available on a weekly basis.
• Issues dealt with in Counseling Services include but are not limited to depression, stress/anxiety, relationships, alcohol and drug abuse, emotional support, family issues, and eating disorders.
• Off-campus referrals for local treatment providers are available to any client who would be more appropriately served by other specialized and/or intensive mental health services.
• Psychiatric evaluations for medication may be arranged on campus, for students receiving on-campus counseling services, or be directed to qualified, off-campus, private practitioners.
• Psycho-education events are provided to the campus community.
• Alcohol and other drug education, prevention, assessment, counseling, and referrals are provided.
• An on-campus student internship is offered each semester.
• Evaluation of prevention education programs is conducted in conjunction with faculty and other campus departments.
For More Information:
Come by Counseling Services, located in E. M. Lynn Residence Hall.
Hours are Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.